Race Details Run. Walk. Remember.
Tom touched the lives of people everywhere he went...from friends and family in Council Bluffs, to soldiers and civilians in Iraq, where he courageously protected us until his time on Earth was taken away. He lived among us in our community and continues to live on in our hearts.
Tom was the ultimate United States Marine and he deserves to be remembered!
The proceeds from the Houser Hustle will benefit two great causes:
1. Thomas Houser Memorial Scholarship at St. Albert High School
2. Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial Fund (local chapter) – Tom strongly believed that these soldiers were forgotten heroes. They also led Tom's funeral procession.
If you didn't know Tom, this is a great race to show your appreciation to our military men and women who sacrifice their lives for us. What a great way to say, THANK YOU!
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM
- Race starts and finishes at St. Albert High School and will run through beautiful St. Joseph's Cemetery, Tom's final resting place. Participants will start and finish on the football field and must park in St. Albert's parking lot (400 Gleason Ave., Council Bluffs, Iowa).
- Distance: 5K - This race is approx. 3.2 miles - You may run or walk...just enjoy the race!
- Children under the age of 10 are allowed to participate for free with parental supervision. If you would like your child to have a t-shirt, you must register them for the race. Children 10 and older must be registered in order to participate.
- Council Bluffs Police will be patrolling the race course for your safety.
- Food and beverage will be provided for all participants.
- Awards ceremony will start at approx. 10:15 AM.
Packet Pickup: Packet pickup will be in the Saint Albert gym lobby on Friday, September 12 from 4:00-6:00 PM. You may also pickup your packet the morning of the race down on the SA football field.
If you would like to donate to the race fund, click here: http://www.active.com/donate/houserhustle5k